Re: SBC Man-A-Fre 4x2 setup with "After Burners" on e-bay

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: SBC Man-A-Fre 4x2 setup with "After Burners" on e-bay
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:02:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/2006 7:01:04 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
drmayf@mayfco.com writes:

I don't  thinkout of the box enough. This is novel to me. What a neat
idea. BUt I  wonder why not just bigger jets? Now if the other side of
the carbs wer  eplumbed with that nos jubk....I wonder what kind of fuel
pump you have to  run to get the "spray" from the home made injetors? Or
are theyhome made?  IN any case, cool for a rod.

mayf, out in pahrump with the first cuppa  (up at 5 this morning for some
reason)

Hi Mayf

They found with richer jets it was lazy through midrange so they added the
Vette Injectors just for kicking in at higher RPM. Also it runs much cleaner
for  street use with this setup.

The stock Vette injectors were powered by a distributor driven fuel  pump
which kick up the pressure. They were the only source of fuel on  Vette's.

On this setup, the "injectors", more appropriately should be called
"dribblers", are supplements to the jets and are actually plumbed into the carb
 fuel
block at 6 PSI.  They don't "spray", just deliver extra fuel.

I think the mods Man a fre did to the carbs to improve airflow caused this
strange setup. Man a fre milled out the divided between the ventures!  Yikes!

Otto