Re: Cockpit safety

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cockpit safety
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:16:40 -0700
List,

There's a good one of the RX-7 getting loose right after the driver lifted.
I remember Glenn telling Howard to drive into the chute until you're
sure the car is stable. Excellent advice. Our car was always stable, I think
because we had the CG-CP relationship as a major consideration before
a line was put on paper.
Put your street car/truck in low. Full throttle to about 30 mph, then lift.
Notice any dynamic weight transfer? The same thing happens to a Bonneville
car at 200 mph.
I'm sure Glenn has seen it many, many times.

Thanks Glenn,
Bryan