new member

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: new member
From: DMcLane@gordontrucking.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:48:33 -0700
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel McLane. I reside in the Phoenix AZ
metropolitan area.  My brother Charles and I are working to join the world
of land speed. I have a background in aviation where I spent 10 years as
a pilot and a mechanic.  I have many aircraft restorations and engine
builds
under my belt. My brother is a heavy equipment mechanic. We spent three
years racing dirt circle track.  We mainly used Camarobs and Malibubs. We
are amateur engine and transmission builders. We have build 4 race cars
inculding roll cages  Which leads me to the car we are intending to use. We
have a 100% intact, street legal and driving 1977 Camaro.  It is untouched
but in need of some minor repairs, types of repairs expected on a car its
age. I.e. bushings in the front end.  The car has a brand new s/b 400 and
 turbo 350 build by yours truly. Our goal is to join the USFRA 130 mph club
in 2007, maybe the 150 mph club if I feel the car is safe enough (or if we
can
get the car to go that fast ) Fall 2006 we will begin building the car to
the 2006
SCTA Specs.  The car will not be ready compete by 2007. But In 2007 the car
will have much more safety equipment then the 150mph minimums.  I want
to live a long time, safety first!
I would love to hear from you all, thank you have a great day

Daniel Mclane