Re: new member

To: DMcLane@gordontrucking.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new member
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
Welcome aboard, Daniel.

  Ed VanScoy is a good source for advice.  I'm pretty sure he entered LSR the
same route you are planning - - the 130 club, the 150 club, and then class
racing.  Bill Smith is also right there in Phoenix, and he can be a great help
too.  Keith Turk has been the whole 2nd gen Camaro route, and I run a 1977
Firebird with BBC power, so if you run into make and model specific questions,
we will be glad to help.  I can tell you one thing for sure, whatever you think
your budget is - - - just tear it up and plan on spending much, much more.

  Once you get the car up and running, you might consider running ECTA at
Maxton, or even the Texas Mile one time for an orientation.  The good thing
about ECTA is that they are really laid back, and their rule book is almost a
clone of the SCTA book and some of their inspectors are also SCTA inspectors,
so they can be very helpful.  If you missed something in the rulebook, and it's
not a safety factor, chances are they will find a class to let you run. If you
missed something critical and show up at Bonneville, you just could end up
being a spectator with an "almost" race car on the trailer.

  Good luck, be safe, have fun, and don't be a wall flower.  We like to hear
from everybody on this list.

  Glad to have you with us.
  DickJ
  In East Texas