Cooling system

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling system
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 9:45:56 -0500
Otto,,  I have DAVE and Russ Mack to thank for my cooling system---Dave SHAMED
me into a radiator in box---

Russ and I designed this type of heat exchanger in the middle of the night to
and from Tx. to B'ville

yes it was at elevated idle--

I have a Hi Flow, belt driven factory type water pump (with a sprint car lower
pulley so that alt. and pump dont turn more that 5500 at 8000) that runs the
water thru a radiator in a box that has been modified to make a 2 pass heat
exchanger that box holds 11 gallons of water---when the return water gets to
210 I turn on the aux water pump that runs 3 gpm  of "one pass" ambient
temp.water thru the box out of a 16 gallon tank from the back of the rear
axel...I can add ice or go to a bigger pump if that doesnt cool it--- It also
has a elevated deareation burp can--with a 25-30 psi cap at its highest
point---again thanks to Dave...

 Oh---by the way---I WISH I had twice as much power---actually I dont have much
more than you do---I figure 700 max at B'ville

    "Sparky"
RATICAL  AA/GL 2211
219.124  El Mirage