Cooling system

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling system
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 22:09:09 -0700
Sparky, I think I understand your cooling system which is a radiator in a
box. Surely you are running a thermostat? If so why go to all the trouble
this winter? The thermostat will NOT open and allow any coolant OUT of the
engine until it gets to its opening temp. So why can't you warm up the
engine until say about 175 or 180 then turn it off? The engine will keep its
hot water but nothing will flow through the radiator because the thermostat
never got to its OPENING temp. A little residual heat from some of the
radiator "in" plumbing may soak the box water (if the thermostat is NOT in
the block) but not enough to raise the temp significantly.  If you don't
have a thermostat then installing one may be a consideration.

  -Elon

Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 From: Sparky

(snip. . . ) I will fix the box where I can pump the water off--so that I
can prewarm just the eng water. kill the eng--then turn on the tranfer pump
to submerge the core and start then star the run---no cooling water pre
heated- other that the engines