Re: Goodwood Festival

To: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Goodwood Festival
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:31:01 -0700
Malcolm

I don't understand your comment: "over shadowing the driving
  skills of Andy Green "
Based on what I saw and heard at Gerlach, Andy was one of five
people responsible for their success.
His experiences following a carefully defined program of flight was
key to the development of ThrustSSC. His professionalism, skill
and discipline turned potential disasters into a good engineering
data. At least that's what Ron Ayres told me.

I believe without any one of these people we wouldn't be talking
about ThrustSSC:   (in alphabetical order)

Ron Ayres,                 Aerodynamicist
Jeremy Bliss,              Active Suspension
Glynne Bowsher,      Mechanical Designer
Andy Green,             Driver
Richard Noble,         Funding, general management.

In my view, the rest of the team was amazing and excellent, but not
irreplaceable.

Just my opinion Malcolm.

Best regards,
Bryan