Re: Goodwood Festival

To: <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Goodwood Festival
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 08 Jul 2006 21:34 GMT
Yup, Malcom,
the Wingfoot Express is another example of so "personalities effect" - but
with Tom Green it was a little bit different.
First of all, Tom was never interest to go fast - the fastest he drove before
his record, was 100 mph......he was an engineer, and he was coming to this
record attempt like a virgin to a child......one Walt Arfons driver was
killed, a other one was injured, Walt got two heart attacks just before and
couldn't drive and the third driver was too tall - Tom told me that he done
the cockpit size too small by purpose - he wouldn't like to see this guy in
this car......so Tom was left over to run the car..........
The other reason, was, that this record stand only for three days, broken by
Art Arfons with the Green Monster, and just after this record, record breaking
was never be the same - nearly in weekly steps the record was pushed higher
and higher by Art and Craig.....

....so much to the LSR historie
Pork Pie