Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!! or they are going to ...

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!! or they are going to ...
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:25:11 -0400
On Sunday, July 9, 2006, at 02:10  PM, Wester Potter wrote:

> Dave
>
> What we had been borrowing was a steel barrel that had been cut in
> half, hinges on one side and a handle on the other.  Some extruded
> steel with lips to hold it in place for a cooking surface.  It was
> built in her auto body shop.  Her ex-husband even did Thanksgiving
> turkeys in it as I remember.  I think we could find a dry home for a
> replacement in the USFRA storage unit in Wendover.  The old one died
> because it lived year round in my neighbor's back yard and collected
> water from her sprinklers in the summer and snow in the winter.  I
> doubt that there was $20 worth of materials in the whole thing.  Just
> he barrel, hinges and rebar.  The hinges may have been the big buck
> items.  I've been working on a replacement here but so far without
> much progress ... but there's five weeks still.
>
> Wes

The food caterer at Maxton last month had a super nice grille -- EIGHT
burners, TWO 20# propane bottles -- $300 on sale at Sam's Club.  Then
he had the temerity to tell us that he got it on a closeout --
otherwise I would've got one to use and store.  Maybe I should have
some local yokel up here make one, I'll transport it, and we'll store
it.  I'm a-working on it.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan