Re: Salt mementos

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Salt mementos
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:29:09 -0400
On Sunday, July 9, 2006, at 02:20  PM, Wester Potter wrote:

> Glen,
>
> In my garage I have a bag, of now dry mud, that I collected from where
> the Burkland's liner finally stopped on September 20, 2000 ... after
> it was clocked at an exit 450 mph, lost the chutes and gave Tom the
> ride of his life.  Lucky for all of us, Ed Van Scoy had his Jeep with
> FAT tires to help pull it out.  Great memories and nice to have
> reminders.
>
> Wes

I'll see that mud -- and raise you a roll of toilet paper.  A couple of
years ago we arrived for World Finals (I think it was) and I found a
full roll of TP that has been left on the surface of the salt, probably
from a previous event.  It soaked up water and dried, soaked up some
more and dried, repeat until -- VIOLA, I've got a salt-petrified roll.
If I knew how to post photos to this site I'd share the memento with
you all.

And of course every year, when we get back home from Bville, I scrape
all the salt I can off the truck and trailer and save it in a
five-gallon bucket -- to spread on the sidewalk during the cold times
(October through May).

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan