Re: Fire Extinguishing System

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishing System
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:24:22 -0700
Dick, I like to put the nozzles in front of the headers. Most fires come
from oil getting on the headers when the oil pan is too weak to hold all
the engine parts inside. Putting a leg out of bed as our Aussie friends
say. Having the nozzles front of the headers they will be spraying with
the air flow unless you are going backwards or stopped. If you are going
backwards you have other  problems at the moment and if you are stopped
it does not matter from what direction the spray is coming from.  Doug
Odom in big ditch