Fire Extinguishing System

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire Extinguishing System
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
I'm in the final stages of installing the fire system on my 1977 Pontiac
Firebird.  Para 3.Q. of the rule book says that the second system: " .. ..
shall include 2 nozzles directed toward the header/oil pan area."

  Exactly where and how do some of you have those nozzles mounted?  I'm looking
at facing them straight forward out of the firewall about four inches outside
of the rearmost spark plug on each side.  That way the discharge will fan out
hitting the valve covers and header area.  That system is dry chemical.

  In addition to that system and the driver compartment halon replacement, I
have a CO2 aimed at the carburetor and top of engine area.  The CO2 system is
not required by the rules, but I've seen too many cars (including a really nice
'40 Ford coupe that I had in high school) burn up from a carburetor fire.

  Your thoughts on mounting those nozzles??

  Thanks,
  DickJ
  In East Texas

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com.  Check it out.