RE: Leakdown question

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Leakdown question
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:46:08 -0400
 It was a cold engine....From what I can tell It's crankcase noise, telling
me it's ring leakage. The reason I'm doing it is because I broke a Rocker
Arm when the timing belt came off (it was idling thank god).  It was the #1
Exhaust rocker, but #4 Cylinder has the big number. When I have the Rockers
off to replace the busted one, I'm also checking for bent valves with the
old rope down the plug hole trick. I'm trying to avoid taking off the head
(yeah, lazy)
  This is my first experience with leakdown testing. Thanks for the
guidance...

Mike M.