Re: Leakdown question

To: Flowbench@aol.com, mike.meierle@alcatel.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leakdown question
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:45:49 +0000
Mike's right.... 6% is nothing on a cold engine. I'm surprised you canhear any
air leakage at all..... 'Course I'm half deaf. I'm surethat 6% was there
before the rocker arm problem. I do apost-race check-list on my car after
every El Mirage (and sometimesbetween runs at B'Ville) which includes a
leakdown. That way I canmonitor any changes and have a record. I use 75 lbs.
of air(100 psi will turn the engine over sometimes) and then calculate the%. I
always note on my checklist what the engine temp is ( hot,warm, cold) It
varies quite a bit from very hot to stonecold..... Wish ALL of my cylinders
were 6% !! See you on the salt.
Ed