The Burklands...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Burklands...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 07:41:07 -0500
I was just re-living the pass of the Burklands streamliner at speedweek...
Tom will never really appreciate what it's like to sit at the 3 mile marker
and watch that thing go down course...

Twice now I've had the opportunity to watch Tom go over 400mph...  think about
that for a minute... it's not 100 or two... let alone 3... it's 4 bills,  Twin
hemi's at full song...   Nothing quite like it...

One of the best parts is going by their pit later and enjoying how it tickles
them to have a successful run like that... and to win the Hot Rod Trophy to
them was like winning the lotto...

Sure wish we could be there for the next runs in Oct.

Keith ( and Tonya finally got to see what I've been talking about... there is
just something about that car and family that works )