Re: Handling on Salt

To: "Jane McMeekin" <mcmeekin@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Handling on Salt
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 09 Sep 2006 00:52 GMT
In fact we experienced more movement than usual, particularly in the early
morning hours, and I wondered if anyone else noticed the difference
This feeling is correct - in the very early morning the salt is softer and wet
- call it it moisture.
We got the problem with our streamliner, the we got in the morning a wheelspin
up to10 percent in the "wet" salt - in the late afternoon when the salt is a
little bit harder on the top surface (the water still comes up to the top but
stuck not in the top surface) the loose was less than 5 percent.
In other words, in the morning you drive through the salt...
Pork Pie