Re: Meanwhile, FoMoCo plans layoffs of 70,000 or more auto

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Meanwhile, FoMoCo plans layoffs of 70,000 or more auto
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:26:52 -0700
List,

While Ford, US, is dying you should check out some of the cool Ford
wheels the Aussies are making:

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

The F6 uses a DOHC, 4L, (244cid) inline 6. They refer to it as
a TRUCK motor with lot's of torque.
362.08 HP @ 5250rpm and 405.60 lb/ft (2,000 to 4250rpm).
Also, (324 lb/ft) at 1500 rpm.
It's a turbo motor but I sure wouldn't call it peaky!

Look at the "Super Pursuit".  Remember, it's a PRODUCTION car.

I suspect that the Austrian Ford people focus on more than just making
  "as much money as possible today".

OBTW, the Australian GM site will also make you wonder what the hell
is going on in the US auto industry.

I'm in love with the F6 Tornado and in LUST with the Super Pursuit!

OK, back to my cave,
Bryan
PS:  http://www.gomecsys.com/index2.asp