Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:21:37 -0700
Well, I may be in line for a new oil pump on the Sunbeam. If I need to
replae it, what is the list's opinion regarding oil pumps (wet sump
kind). I have 2 turbos that need to be fed but that is basically the
only extra for the pump to handle.  Should I be looking for a high
pressure unit, a high volume unit or a combo of both or maybe an OEM
vesion. My pressure hit 100 psig yesterday at only 5000 rpm and that may
be the source of the smoke fomthe exhaust pipes at WOD: pressure blows
oil through the turbine seal into the down pipe. This couls also be part
of a difference in reading from my commanded AFR to what I actually got
on my wideband O2. It was reading really rich, lower than commanded by a
couple of points.

Anyhoo, tell me about oilpumps. No I am not yet interested in dry sump
so no information or suggestions needed in that area ...yet...

mayf, out over up down in pahrump depending on where you are...