Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:46:01 EDT
drmayf, don't take me or life so seriously, I was just funn'in you. Your  car
is a great project, but I was answering your question and asking a few.
Bypass valves don't stick open by themselves. Why do you think yours did? You
will likely find your pan is not big enough so consider the enlargement you
suggested.
Most of us here only have options based on years of trial & error of  some
type, we are not able to see exactly what your doing right or wrong so it
sounds "cryptic" sometime. I have run turbos at the salt a time or two, this
doesn't mean I know what's wrong with yours, just giving you some fuel for
thought.
Yes, many folks have made stock pans work, but at what HP output?  The  oil
through the turbo heats up approx. 100 degrees. Two turbos @ 1 gpm each will
heat the oil in the pan to what temp after how long? You are running a cooler
right? This is not a flame, it's information for you to think about as you
develop you package.
Good Luck
Mike