Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:51:31 -0700
I really love cryptic emails! About the only thing that fails is the
pressure relief system and that from bieng hung up in some way. Because
this pump has no easy way to remove the spring and plunger system used
in the pressure relief, then it is simply easier to replace the pump
than mess with it. New ones have a removeable plug that allows the
spring and plunger assy to be removed and inspected. That is the one I
would get. Per the turbo book, yeah a bout a gpm for each turbo would
suffice. My pan is a CAnton 7 qt racing pan and could very well be made
larger by the addition of some simple side plates (2) and a new bottom
plate. Who said anything about bearing failure? Does every car that runs
on the salt have a dry sump? Nah, didn't think so. And what is that note
about you and Dave holding me over the fire later? Dave as in Dahlgren?
Since I have never asked Dave for any support nor you for that matter, I
simply do not understand what you mean. HAve I upset you in some way by
using a FOrd EFi with a tuner chip that I can reprogram? Or what? I
simply do not understand what  you mean, maybe I am too dense. Oh well,
been dense before, guess I will be dense again.

Tomorrow I will check my pressure gauge to see if it working correctly
by comparing it to a known good one. If it turns out to be ok then I
will drain the oil and pull the pan and put on a new high volume pump.
If everyone agrees, that is. NAh, I'll do it anyway. ANd then I will
correct the crank case evac system so that it does not suck oil so much
above 5000 rpm. Trial and error on my part, mostly error I guess.

mayf, outr over in down up in pahrump.