Re: third lane part 2

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: third lane part 2
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:07:47 EDT
A third totally separate course for motorcycles sounds good to a few of us.
Totally away from the two other tracks. Separate towers, timers, the whole
bit.  Sorta like a BUB meet going on elsewhere on the salt.

I didn't like following a bike trailer through the long line only to  have
them unload 6 bikes and jam up the starting line. Didn't seem  fair.

As a practical alternative, how about just making three or four lines of
staging instead of two for each track?

I saw delays at the start where drivers not ready caused slow downs. With
three or even four lanes in staging "someone" should be ready immediately when
the track clears. The four lanes could lead up to two lanes just before the
start. When someone is ready in one of the four lanes, they push up to the two
line. Then up to the start just the way we do it now. This way both drivers
in  the pre stage would be ready for sure.

Or four lanes could just run to the pre start and then up to the start. The
starter sends racers from the lanes progressively from 1 - 4 and if some slow
poke isn't ready, they get skipped until the starter goes through the other 3
 lanes. This would piss the racers off behind them so they would probably
shout  some obscenities and the slow poke would be so embarrassed, they would
never be  late again!!!

It would also give us a psychological feeling the lines were shorter. They
would be,,, there would just be more of them... It would also allow racers to
check out cars and bench race with fellow racers without getting as far  away
from their cars.

I like the idea! Lets vote!

Odd Toe