Re: Third course

To: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, <Askotto@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Third course
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:40:55 -0700
You're right on track, Tom.
With respect to Mayf's suggestion of numbers.....it might be a little hard
to administer because there would be 300 people there the moment the numbers
went up for grabs and people who are not even racers would be out there
scalping the low number ones for whatever they could get.  If the
administrative bugs could be worked out I'd suggest looking into a system
for using text messaging on cell phones to communicate with the racers.
Since I'm retired I don't claim any familiarity with the text messaging
thing or even if this approach is practical.  But having to have your ears
literally attached to a CB continuously and trying to get anything done
would be more stressful that 6 hours sitting in line.  I know.  I tried this
at El Mirage a couple of times some years back and it was far more trouble
than it was worth.
Ed Weldon