Re: Third course

To: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Third course
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:34:15 -0400
On Sunday, October 15, 2006, at 06:55  AM, Ed Weldon wrote:

> Jon Wennerberg:  Do you have any new ideas for technical improvements
> to the
> portapotties?
> How about solar powered flushing systems?  Electronic real time
> prestage
> status displays (ERTPSD's) ?
> Ed Weldon,   LOL... (Land of the Luddites)

Ed:  I think the technical committee will elect to put the wireless
timing system components in the porta-potties, up near the roof, so the
cables leading to the antenna farms will be shorter and easier to
maintain.

We'll recharge the batteries that power the transceivers by hooking a
generator/gear multiplier to the TP roller, and will ask all to try to
hold their business 'til they can go at the porta-potties.

We may have to explore getting Class IV hazardous environment
explosion-proof enclosures for the battery chargers, of course, but at
least the display screens to let the racers know their position in
pre-stage won't be affected.  Unfortunately I think the text-messaging
system will be available in only one language per potty, so we'll have
to have more volunteers to letter up signs proclaiming which language
is in use in each potty.

I need help on this committee.  Will you stand up and join me?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)

PS  There.  That oughta keep 'em wondering for a while.