Re: Salt racing procedure

To: "Chris Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>,
Subject: Re: Salt racing procedure
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:25:31 -0500
Chris

Your sounding like me every year when this comes up.   This time I think
it's a bit different in that More entries means more volunteers, more
interest and a larger line.  There is no harm in looking at options.

The problem I see in setting up a third course is that folks won't run it if
you can't set a record there... why bother... it's just fluff or penalizing
someone that could set a record at 100mph in their class... on the first
lic. pass.   It has to be at least standardized and timed correctly.

Don't miss the point that there is "enough" money to do this for the SCTA...
I'm not mandating how they spend their money... but why not spend it on the
racers?  All those extra entries do bring in added income well in excess of
what is required to run speedweek.

Keith