Re: by the numbers....

To: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: by the numbers....
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:48:25 -0700
Benn-- The number blocks is a good idea.  This is something that can be put
up as a standing announcement and maybe posted in a semi-live display at the
reg. trailer, each starting line and prestage.
I made the comment about "stress". Try listening to the CB while you're
warming up a race motor with a zillion to one compression ratio or a load of
nitro. Been there, done that (at El Mirage)..... Or when some dumbo is
sitting on his send key.  Or you get busy working on the car and didn't hear
that they switched CB channels because the "dumbo" was asleep.   At least
when you're sitting in line half asleep with your foot under a tire you'll
know when the line is moving.  That's why I suggested test messaging or some
method other than the CB.
Ed Weldon