HANS devices.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: HANS devices.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:44:30 -0600
Guys with Johns demise I really went thru a nut roll trying to make my junk
safer...  one of the best adds to my racing program has been the Hans
device... what it does is limit head movement and prevent the head from
becoming dis-attached to the base of the skull which has a tendency to make
you die... ( don't ya hate it when that happens? )

Trying to acquire one of these devices was kind of a pain in the butt... so
I've hooked up with Joe Timney at Delaware Chassis works ( 302 378 3013 )  and
he's just become a dealer ... there aren't any specials on these things...
they are expensive... ( 865 bucks )  but I really feel safer in the car with
it on... egress procedures are easy once you learn to throw the shoulder
harness's off your shoulders... basically it beats the poop out of a neck roll
which can often act as a pivot to rotate your neck off your spinal cord...

You can think of this as a blatant advertisement for Joe's deal if you want...
but I've shared almost everything I've done over the years and this is one of
the most important things we've done.

Keith