Re: HANS devices.

To: "Skip Higginbotham" <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>,
Subject: Re: HANS devices.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:44:02 -0600
Skip the only thing the hans does is limit head movement especially in the
fore and aft mode.... if your head can't come forward in your cockpit then
you don't need one...

My Berkeley has something that is very similar to what your describing... a
lay down position with a tight roll cage...  The Hans for it is has a
different angle then the one for the Camaro ( essentially an upright seat )

I used to hear that we don't have things to hit like Walls and stuff.... but
seeing Jim Minaker tumble and John...  there is no doubt that the car can
hit nose first more then once in a crash sequence.