Re: HANS devices.

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: HANS devices.
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 06:25:15 -0800
Keith
Does Joe have pictures or diagrams of the different Hans Devices and
their application? The right one might help in my case but proper
installation/use of the 7 point harness and design of the cage to
prevent movement is primary. On the other hand....if the cage is not
tight and the 7 point is not applied correctly, A Hans Device would
be critical to survival in a nose first or side impact. Helmet straps
to the cage could also be effective but they are just something else
to take off for egress.
Skip