Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:24:51 -0800
List,

My first set of tools were Williams Brand, but I lost them to a thief. I had
a Kennedy "Clam Shell" Box with tools stolen out of the back of my truck at
the night drags in Long Beach (Lion's Drag Strip) back in the 1958. That was
before I made my living with tools.

When I started working on cars for a living, I purchased a set of SnapOn
tools which I have to this day. I found that when you turn wrenches for a
living the SnapOn just feels better in the hand. I also have some craftsman
tools. Of course, just like the rest, I have applied the torch to a few,
(not my SnapOns) to make a wrench work for a special application.
Unfortunately, I have gotten rid of some of the special tools that I should
have kept. For instance valve tools for working on Flat-head Fords and
Special Carter Carburetor Tools, etc. It brings to my attention when I see
some of this stuff in antique stores.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC