RE: El Mirage Sunday

To: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, "Doug Odom"
Subject: RE: El Mirage Sunday
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:06:24 -0600
Tom;

Angle fittings in fuel pickup lines can be a serious problem, especially
at higher fuel flow rates. Inside the fitting the high fuel flow
cavitates, creating bubbles in the line and then things go lean. High
altitudes, high temperatures, and small line sizes make the situation
worse.

The fuel pickup line is on the suction side of the fuel pump so the fuel
is already at low pressure; it doesn't take much to get it to "boil".

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ