Re: LSR tires

To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: LSR tires
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:37:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>

> Rick and List---what speed rating put on them?

Sparky
The 500 X 5 tires are rated at 300 MPH with 1000 pounds of load.
(published info from GY)
HOWEVER
I have heard reports of some chunking on a number of cars of varying weights
and speeds.  I am in the process now of investigating shaving these tires
for less mass at the tread surface..The sidewalls are VERY stiff as are the
LSR tires we now have.
By the way, anyone have a pair of  25" GY LSR tires to trade for 28"?

Something else to be considered with a small tire is rotational speed and
bearing life.  My speeds in the near future are not going to create problems
but down the road I have a major task in bearing speeds if I plan on using
the conventional wheel and spindle used for this set up.
I wonder what Jack is using on his liners?

Rick