Re: LSR tires - Hi speed bearings

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>, Sparky
Subject: Re: LSR tires - Hi speed bearings
From: Karl Payne <karlepayne55@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:38:54 -0800 (PST)
Rick,
In my high-speed machining days we were faced with a
similar problem as spindle speeds approached a
gazillion SFPM.  We tried all kinds of materials in
the bearings, but silicon carbide (ceramic) worked
best in spherical and roller bearing applications.
You probably already knew this, but FWIW, I'll pass it
on at my cost.  :-)

Karl