Re: LSR tires - Hi speed bearings

To: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>, "Benn"
Subject: Re: LSR tires - Hi speed bearings
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:14:39 -0800
Rick--What's the diameter (shaft dia and OD) of the bearings to the nearest
millimeter or 1/16 inch?    I've never been close to Anglia Spindles (I mean
like when I was drag racing every car except the stockers and a few Chevys
had Ford spindles), though I know they're tiny.  Are your current bearings
ball or tapered roller type?
If you're going to use oil lube with it's attendent sealing problems use
Mobil 1 synthetic oil.  I can't tell you why...just take my word if it's
worth anything to you.  Contact me off list if you want more info.
I haven't had much experience with all ceramic bearings or hybrids (ceramic
balls in 440C races) except in lightly loaded slow speed semiconductor
equipment vacuum chamber mechanisms. That experiance isn't worth much here.
I'd be very wary of wheel shock loadings on ceramic bearings. Loadings that
you likely don't have a numerical measure of unless you've been taking
measurements with accelerometers.
Ed Weldon