Re: Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missal Range

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, ed@vetteracing.com, Askotto@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missal Range
From: ed@vetteracing.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:46:07 +0000
That would be the Speed Stop Challenge. It is a contest where you goforthe
lowest ET from a standing stop to 100, and back to a stop.It's sponsored by
Baer brakes (naturally ;-) ) And yes, that is sort ofa side show. One of my
friends just put a supercharger and LARGE Baerbrakes on his 2002 Vette, and
hopes to win it this year. Thecurrent record for the90 miles is Chuck Shafer &
Gary Bockman 207.7801 Mph. That's theAVERAGE for 90 miles! By the way.... They
did it in a Chrysler LeBaron.That's hauling the mail!
Ed