Why is EM run so differently than Bonneville???

To: dwarner230@yahoo.com
Subject: Why is EM run so differently than Bonneville???
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:39:57 EST
In a message dated 12/30/2006 7:27:23 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dwarner230@yahoo.com writes:

The SCTA  membership does have another place to race, its called El  Mirage.

The BNI members are a different story. You  do not pay SCTA dues if you are
not a club member. SCTA members pay both BNI  and SCTA dues, so we don't all
pay the same.

DW

Hi Dan

So is what you're saying is EM and Bonneville are on the same level to all
SCTA members? Any SCTA member can blow out to EM and run when events are held?
Any member can line up and run "first come, first served" just like
Bonneville  at EM?

That's not the way I understand it. According to the SCTA, you must also be
a member of one of the "approved and accepted" car clubs to run EM.

To belong to one of these clubs you must attend at least one meeting a  year.
You must also work at least one event each year at EM. Unless I lost  count,
this is 2 trips to CA just to get in the door. When you meet these
requirements, you are relegated to starting dead last when the track is
pulverized
because you don't have any "points" and probably never will  starting last at
every race.

Why is EM run differently than Bonneville when it comes to starting
position? Bonneville gets torn up too.

Why do you have to belong to an "approved and accepted" car club to  run EM??
Is EM "private" to California car clubs only? Why can't car clubs  outside CA
be on the "approved club" list?

Why do SCTA members have to work one day a year to run EM and not at
Bonneville???

Otto
Rebel