Re: Why is EM run so differently than Bonneville???

To: Askotto@aol.com, dwarner230@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Why is EM run so differently than Bonneville???
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:59:06 EST
In a message dated 12/30/2006 9:40:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Askotto@aol.com writes:

Hi  Dan

So is what you're saying is EM and Bonneville are on the same level  to all
SCTA members? Any SCTA member can blow out to EM and run when  events are
held?
Any member can line up and run "first come, first  served" just like
Bonneville  at EM?

That's not the way I  understand it. According to the SCTA, you must also be
a member of  one of the "approved and accepted" car clubs to run EM.

To belong to  one of these clubs you must attend at least one meeting a
year.
You  must also work at least one event each year at EM. Unless I lost  count,

this is 2 trips to CA just to get in the door. When you meet these
requirements, you are relegated to starting dead last when the track  is
pulverized
because you don't have any "points" and probably never  will  starting last
at
every race.

Why is EM run differently  than Bonneville when it comes to starting
position? Bonneville gets  torn up too.

Why do you have to belong to an "approved and accepted"  car club to  run
EM??
Is EM "private" to California car clubs only?  Why can't car clubs  outside
CA
be on the "approved club"  list?

Why do SCTA members have to work one day a year to run EM and not  at
Bonneville???

Otto
Rebel

Oh boy... Otto, you don't have all your "facts" straight. Yes you need to  be
in a club, but many have members in other states, & many clubs will let  you
have someone pull your patrol (our club has members in Texas & Chicago).  So
that shoots down 2 trips to So. Cal.
Now the reason El Mirage is run differently than Bonneville is because we
have a points race. We have a club championship and both bike & car champs.
They get to start first for at least 2 reasons. 1 folks were bringing their
cars
and putting them in line a week before the event (that would still make it
tough  for you). 2 line up to points is fair, not unlike pit boxes in NASCAR.
It's not that your not welcome, The SCTA runs many guests each year,  bring
it out and see how it does.