Re: Another

To: Sparky <Sparky.2211@cox.net>, Phillip Landry
Subject: Re: Another
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:45:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I don't want to burst anyones bubble here on the installing of any engine in
the class you have chosen but from an impounds view this needs to be said.

 Let's say you have a vehicle built to the rules on engine set back with a SBC
installed. If you install a V-6 you are now illegal on set back. I'm talking
roadsters/altered here. If you fit in an I-6 you are giving up the set back you
could have had. That may not be a bad thing but you lost a lot of room up at
the front.

If you are building a purpose car with the I-6 right on the set back. If you
just change engines to a V-8  you would be illegal again. Do we measure? You
bet. If it looks like a duck and barks like a dog...it's not a duck.