Re: Burt Munro

To: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: Burt Munro
From: "Sparky" <Sparky.2211@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:33:56 -0700
My first trip to the Salt was in '69 followed by a 30 year holiday---I did
not meet Burt but I am pretty sure 2 women came by collecting for the guy
from NZed---

In 1980 I visited a friend in NZed---we visited a lot of musems---when we
visted the Transportation? musem. I could not understand the pride she had
in her voice when she pointed out this rusty beat up old motorcycle that was
on display and told me it was a world record holder..As the trip went on I
met her Aunt Beth---who had been the familys wild child and was maried to a
motorcycle racer before WW II.

In looking back I will bet that Burt was a family friend of some sorts.

Sparky