Hi Temp Anti- Seize

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi Temp Anti- Seize
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:18:59 -0800
Galvanic action (i.e., electrolysis) needs an electrolyte (water) to
complete the reaction. Without moisture it won't take place. On a clean DRY
car you don't have problem. A STEEL Dzus on an ALUMINUM panel, lasts for a
bazillion years. I have 50 year old panels in my dry garage with the steel
Dzus still in them. However, I agree your environment must be considered.
-Elon

If you're referring to the compatibility of dissimilar metals like metal

screws/rivets with aluminum panels, you're talking death to the panel.
You'll

have so much galvanic action taking place the car will erode away right
before

your eyes.   Otto