Re: Dear Abby: Salt Etiquette?

To: "Sparky" <Sparky.2211@cox.net>, "Landspeed"
Subject: Re: Dear Abby: Salt Etiquette?
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:15:30 -0800
Years ago I brought my roadster to a charity car show  a Beverly Hills High
School. Mike Carson was heavy into getting some of our SCTA race cars out to
shows. As you can guess there were many untouchable cars with shaky owners
parked on the lawn.

There were many kids pretty well maintained as I remember; I saw one about
10 years old trying to look in the car so I asked him if he would like to
get in. A big smile and a nodding head answered my question so I told his
dad to stand him up on back tire and I showed him how you get in a roll bar
roadster with no doors. Pictures were taken and I let others do it including
a guy about 35. He felt it was a  little crampt for him and I told him you
should be in a firesuit and helmet for 20 minutes in 100 degree heat. He
said no thanks.

All the other SCTA guys did the same. No matter how good I want my stuff to
look it's still a racer and won't be going the Barret-Jackson any time
soon...If you can make someone happy especially a kid..There are always 2
smiles...J.D.