Re: Hi Temp Anti- Sneeze

To: saltfever@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Hi Temp Anti- Sneeze
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:50:58 EST
In a message dated 1/17/2007 10:19:18 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
saltfever@comcast.net writes:

However,  I agree your environment must be  considered.
-Elon

Hi Elon

I totally underestimated the corrosive factor of damp salt. First, I didn't
know it was wet. Stupid me thought it was like white dust!

Take your dry panels and soak them in heavily salt saturated water off and
on for a week and check them out. My untreated magnesium transmission looks
like  a big fuzzy snow ball with shift levers sticking out.

Actually I wrote the response more of a joke. I've done steel/aluminum
panels for years and never had a problem, but I wasn't on the salt either. I'm
in
the muggy 10% humidity of NM.

Otto