Re: Have I committed an "inter lister" foo pahh?

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have I committed an "inter lister" foo pahh?
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:28:36 -0800
Otto--  (inter lister?  That's a new one....)
Where does legitimate communication end and spam begin?  Who knows?
I double post sometimes.  My habit is rather than to just duplicate the
message I customize it to the specific interests of the forum I'm addressing
it to.  In one area I'm involved in there are upwards of a dozen forums with
considerable overlap.  In that group a lot of folks each participate in a
number of forums.  I figure if it's an item of general interest I'll post it
in two or rarely three of them figuring most of the folks who are really
interested will see it that way.  Any more than that and it's beginning to
look more like my own self interest is being promoted.  I think that's kind
of the limiting factor.  Aside from questions you ask I think the self
interest content of any post should either be a minimum or be clearly stated
in the message.  Well, maybe I'd make an exception for SCTA/BNI; expecially
around event dates.
There is another kind of exception that first mentioned subculture makes and
that's for multiple posts by small cottage industry sellers to that hobby.
And those posts seem to be tolerated as long as they are announcing
something most forum members will really be interested in and haven't seen
before.
Ed Weldon