Re: Mom's magazine's... ( no LSR )

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Mom's magazine's... ( no LSR )
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:28:06 -0500
On Feb 15, 2007, at 8:29 AM, Keith Turk wrote:

I've shared most my life with you guys for the last ten years... and
honestly
I just want to tell someone this story... so you guys are it...

Not looking for sympathy here... and I really do thank all of you for
the
cards... and nice words.

When my Mom passed away last month... I was cleaning out her house
and found
5-10 issues of Every Hot Rod magazine my car or name had been in..  I
know it
sounds corny but it was one of the most emotional events of my life
to see how
proud she was of the cars' accomplishments.  While at her church all
the folks
there told me about how each time the car was in the magazine she'd
drag in
several copies and let everyone read the articles...  So there is one
little
Episcopal church in Yreka Ca. that knows more about land speed racing
than
they ever really cared to...

I guess the point is she left me a way to tell how proud she was of my
accomplishments even if she never told me...  Bet that happens to a
lot of
us.

Somewhere in here I should thank David for writing about it...  It
made my
mom's day.

You're a lucky man, Keith, to have had a mom like her.  May she rest
in peace -- may you remember her with a bigger smile than ever.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)