Cost Per MPH

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cost Per MPH
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 12:02:11 -0700
In a reply to Malcolm, I figured up my cost per mph based on total car
costs and top speed attained. This sounds interesting to me, as the
aircraft manufacturers had a book filled with what things cost and
weigh. In the 60's we used this to scope out the cost of complex
projects. I think this would be interesting if any of you who have
nothing real important to do, could sit down and figure your car or
biike costs to date, excluding manhours, and then dividing that by the
fastest top speed attained. This would be non recurring costs and would
not include things like trailers, hotel rooms, etc. Just the car costs
to date (or bike). If you would shoot me the number, (I don't want your
actual costs or mph just the factor,)  and the motor class and vehicle
class, I will complie and put it on the web site or maybe Jon's site.
That way some one could look at a record and get a close approximation
as to how much it is gonna cost him/her in components to attack that
speed.  If you include the  year the speed was run then I could also
figure in the cost of money and normalize it back to some reference date.

comments?

mayf