Re: Not LSR -- GM pickup spare tire

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@beyondbb.com>
Subject: Re: Not LSR -- GM pickup spare tire
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:41:16 -0400
On May 25, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Glen Barrett wrote:

Slim
Must be a 4 X 4 thing. My 03 Duelly cranks all the way down and don't
need to add anything  from the dealer to re-store it. It's a Chevy. 1
ton. Everything works on mine but I carry a large bottle jack, and
better tools to remove and torque the nuts.'
Glen

My '02 4x4 GMC worked like yours, Glen.  I'm thinking this is another
example of General Motor's "de-contenting" things on the newer models
-- to save a penny here and there.  Or maybe a tire fell off so the
lawyers made 'em put this sucker on.

There's only two 12V outlets on the '04 -- there were three on the
'02.  Worse still, the wipers don't lift all the way up and stay out
of the way (for windshield cleaning, for instance).  These lift up
about three inches above the glass and that's all.

I carry a bottle jack, 4-way crossed wrench, and 18V DeWalt impact
wrench (w/ the correct 22 mm socket -- not the 7/8 that'll work, but
after a few uses you've gotta buy new lug nuts 'cause you've rounded
off the shoulder.  Don't ask me how I know this).

I also carry a cell phone to call the wrecker and let that guy get
his hands dirty.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan