Re: [Land-speed] Driving skills

To: "'dan warner'" <dwarner230@yahoo.com>, "'Keith Turk'"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Driving skills
From: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:57:32 -0400
--===============0817980366==

I have a couple of rather specific thoughts..
First the guy with the O2 bottle is a no go sorry.. Think fire.. Look at
the rules for nitrous bottle containment and go from there. This is not
a jet fighter LOL.

Second motor racing in general is not an equal opportunity thing for the
disabled. I am truly sorry for life's misfortunes but some things are
just more than realistic if you can not meet the basic equipment list of
capability and getting out during a mishap top of the list. Start with
what can go wrong and work your way to what might go right enjoyment
wise..

Third the driver owner rider crew can sign anything and guess what Aunt
Minnie did not and is now psychologically traumatized from the loss of
her nephew.. Don't laugh it is real.

Fourth never be your own judge of capability no matter what get a
realistic check ride from a disinterested person. This is not to say I
don't think Keith or Tonya are not only that it is a very dangerous
attitude to take. I have in years gone by driven a variety of race cars
even had a bike that I gave away as I knew it would kill me very easily.
I decided a long while ago though I love racing I will never drive to my
aspirations. If I had 2 fantasies in my life it would be to turn just
one lap at the Daytona road course in a GTP car in the 1:40 range but it
won't happen right up with never riding a pro stock bike at over 200..
Or for that matter riding the last mile with Don Vesco or Tom Burkland
it must be a real hoot at 450 + out the back door.. Maybe I am too tough
on myself maybe not never crashed a race car that I drove though the
bike another story I am not a happy camper when it rains sigh everything
hurts..

Sorry I sniped out the original post between Dan and Keith but this
looks too long with it to pass the size filter..sigh..
Dave

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
8/17/2007 5:43 PM