Re: [Land-speed] Land-speed driving skills

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Land-speed driving skills
From: Ed Purinton <ecpurinton@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:48:16 -0400
     I second drmayf's statement as to capability and competence being
the only gauges.  Cars are all different and drivers are all
individuals, it's if/how the combination works thats important.

     Dan has some very valid thoughts on the physical idea but with all
due respect I  think it might be difficult to carry out fairly and
effectively.  I seem to recall that in the early '70's some very
prominent AMA riders on the National Trail had a gynocologist's
signature on their required physical papers.............no girls riding
at that level then............

     Anybody show with an o2 bottle, politely remind them of the Herda
liner incident as you say no..........

     I really like Sparky's ideas of practicing the bailout with eyes
closed and the three slightly different drill bit at tech, maybe even
doing 4 in random order [1 twice] so the driver really has to react
properly and not be able to guess.

     From someone who is on the North side of the halfway mark just hope
I can recognize my own limits when the time comes without putting a tech
inspector on the spot.

                                  Ed Purinton