Re: [Land-speed] Driving skills

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Driving skills
From: Jane McMeekin <mcmeekin@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:18:19 -0400
Dave,
       Your thoughts are on target. Making sure that a driver is
capable of doing the job regardless of the circumstances, is a no
brainer. But often the guy driving is actually riding. Can you
believe some of the stuff drivers are willing to strap on? Who in
their right mind would get into a 2000 hp, 100" wheelbase, mile high
street roadster, to take a little 200 mph spin (pun intended) on wet
salt? And we thought those AA fuel altered fellows had a screw loose.
They were driving on asphalt! Well since we can't expect the boys to
put up their hands and put down their guns it does make sense to
focus on the driver/rider.
           Don