Re: [Land-speed] Trailer tires?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Trailer tires?
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:10:36 -0500
Donna & I had one flat (screw in tire) in Council Bluff, Iowa, but I saw
the bulge and  changed it before the tire shredded. I run 55 psi in the
trailer tires.
Came home and pulled all 4 wheels, repacked the bearings and found one
tire that broke the belt, distorted the tire, leaving bald spots. I was
at the weight limit of 7500 lbs.

Scott Griswold towed Morrison's trailer out this year, Colin Walsh &
Scott went thru 8 tires & 1 rim...grossly overweight!!!
joe