[Land-speed] Strength Question

To: Land-speed@Autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: [Land-speed] Strength Question
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 19:55:09 +0000
My motor man has scared me with stories of what falls off 4 cylinder race cars
due to vibrations.
"They didn't stop racing Offys because they didn't make enough power, they
stopped because the cars would break before the race ended".
In that regard I am strengthening everything hanging off my motor. My question
in particular regards the strengthening of a big bracket that holds my icewater
intercooler off the front of the motor. It's held there with stout 3.5"
bushings over thru studs screwed into the cast iron head.
Would it be stronger if the bushings were welded to the bracket, or am I
thinking too much?
Thanks, BJ in Beantown